Making its first in-person return since 2019, EXPO CHICAGO is back at Navy Pier with an exciting new roster of exhibitors, programs, installations, speakers, and more. The event, which is debuting new spring dates, will welcome more than 140 leading galleries representing 25 countries from around the world.
Explore EXPO CHICAGO tickets
EXPO CHICAGO, celebrating its ninth edition, brings together top international galleries alongside an expansive schedule of diverse cultural programming and contemporary art installations, both on-site and throughout the city. This year’s main event will take place from April 7 – 10, 2022, with additional programs and events throughout Chicago during EXPO ART WEEK from April 4 – 10, 2022.
Located inside the soaring Festival Hall at historic Navy Pier, the EXPO CHICAGO exhibitor showcase will feature multiple sections, including Galleries showcasing leading international exhibitors; EXPOSURE, featuring solo and two-artist exhibitors from new and emerging galleries; PROFILE presenting solo booths and projects that showcase ambitious and thematic installations, and more.
This year’s core programs and events include:
- IN/SITU, with dynamic large-scale sculpture, performance, video, film, virtual reality, and site-specific works installed within Navy Pier’s Festival Hall including the exposition’s first dedicated section to digital work. Outdoor installations will also be located throughout the city’s parks as part of IN/SITU Outside.
- /Dialogues, a series of provocative on-site conversations with leading curators, artists, and designers, including a historic discussion with founding members of AFRICOBRA, a panel addressing the rise of NFTs, a fully bilingual panel in Spanish overviewing the EXPOSURE section.
- OVERRIDE | A Billboard Project, a public art initiative that uses digital billboards across the city to display contemporary works by emerging and established artists from Chicago and around the world.
Participants in the core programs feature leaders from across the art world, including:
- Jamillah James (Manilow Senior Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago)
- Sarah Meister (Executive Director, Aperture)
- Charles Moore (art historian, collector, and author)
- Hans Ulrich Obrist (Artistic Director, Serpentine Galleries, London)
- AFRICOBRA members Gerald Williams (SAIC 1966 – 67), Jae Jarrell (SAIC 1959 – 61), Wadsworth Jarrell (SAIC 1958), Sherman Beck (Artist)
Other participants include Dawoud Bey, Sanford Biggers, Liz Larner, Mary Lovelace O’Neal, Nancy Rubins, Devan Shimoyama, Gio Swaby, and more.
EXPO will also present keynote speakers as part of its inaugural Directors Summit and annual Curatorial Forum, including a lecture by Dr. Maria Rosario Jackson, the newly appointed Chair of the National Endowment for the Arts, and Koyo Kouoh, Chief Curator and Executive Director of Zeitz MOCAA.
Tickets for EXPO CHICAGO 2022 are on sale now. Choose from single-day and three-day passes with general admission and VIP options. Guided tours led by museum educators and other arts professionals are also available for purchase.